October 14th 2011 - August 26th 2012
Palais de la Découverte, Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt 75008 Paris
L'Oréal and its Foundation renew their partnership with La Cité des Sciences and have pleasure to present you a brand new exhibition dedicated to Hair, at the Parisian Palais de la Découverte.
User-friendly and well-referenced, this exhibition is a result of the very fruitful collaboration between the scientists from L'Oréal, passionate about their work, and museum professionals from Universcience.
This exhibition is dedicated to everyone who is curious and willing to learn about hair or find insightful answers to their questions.
- Why and how my hair grows?
- Why blond hair darkens throughout the life?
- Why our hair gets lighter during the summertime?
- Why our hair is greasy?
- Can we boost the hair grow by cutting it on a regular basis?
- After 40, is hair growing less?
- Why does the hair fall and how? Can we lose 100 hairs every day?
- Can the hair change its shape during the lifetime?
- If the strong emotion occurs, could our hair become white suddenly?
- Life and material: in the heart of the hair (« inside hair», new photos, hair sculpture, digital displays, game and hair encyclopedia)
- Science in the product (observation of the physical-chemical transformations)
- Hairstyles (hairdos, art, creations)
- Hairstyles in history (culture, diversity)
Discover the Exhibition Press Kit for further information: